We have been contemplating trying for #5. Our homestudy expires in January 2016. That would give us until July 2015 to get a placement. We will NOT be renewing our homestudy, so if we don’t have a child by then I am ok with it. We would be open to whatever God has planned. We are specifically looking for a biracial or AA child 0-4. But I feel really weird specifying that. I mean, we did with baby #4 and then we got Koala and I couldn’t imagine life without him. God’s plan is definitely better than ours. We were extremely blessed that our boys had no exposure to drugs or alcohol, which is something we are open to, and don’t know that we would be so lucky again. There is an agency in our state needing homes for infants but I am also considering another agency that works with finding homes for waiting children across the country. We will NOT be fostering again and The Hubs isn’t really into the idea of international anymore. So really those are our only options.
I am VERY VERY VERY happy and in love with my family. For the first time in forever I am 100% satisfied with our family. While I know we would love and welcome another child, I know I would be ok if it didn’t happen for us. It’s a very refreshing place to be. One of the main reasons we are contemplating doing this is because we know it’s in Honey’s best interest to have a sibling that looks like her. The girls are desperately begging for a sister, but we would never specify gender.
This post isn’t saying we are 100% going for it, just an open dialogue on what goes on in my head. We did talk to our social worker and she asked if we would wait to update our homestudy until after they finish their audit.